Conditions: As the Detachment Commander, you have been tasked to provide Commercial Vendor Services (CVS) for your area of responsibility. You have access to the Financial Management Tactical Platform, DFAS-IN Regulation 37-1, Finance and Accounting Policy Implementation, DoD Financial Management Regulation 7000.14-R, Volume 10, Contract Payment and Procedures, DFAS-IN Manual 37-100-FY, The Army Management Structure, Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFAR), and the Code of Federal Regulation (CFR) Title 5: Part, 1315.Â This task should not be trained in MOPP 4.
Standards: Direct Commercial Vendor Services (CVS) operations by completing the following without error:
1. Establish user roles and ensure separations of duties exist between the preparer, reviewer, and certifier of payments within the CVS section.
2. Establish local policy or agreement with supporting contracting and resource management offices to utilize established pay office Department of Defense Activity Address Code (DoDAAC).
3. Determine process for making payments.
4. Establish payment procedures for the CVS section.
5. Coordinate with resource management and contracting to address discrepancies.
6. Cease and transfer CVS activities to a different pay office.