Action: Report Casualty Information
Conditions: Given access to FM 1-0 (Human Resources Support), AR 638-8 (Army Casualty Program), AR 600-8-4 (Line of Duty Policy, Procedures, and Investigations), AR 600-25 (Salutes, Honors, and Visits of Courtesy), DA Form 1156 (Casualty Feeder Card). You have DCIPS software, user manual, DCIPS Reporting Training Guide Aug 08, AHRW and awareness of Operational Environment (OE)/Contemporary Operational Environment (COE) variables and actors
Standard: Integrate casualty reporting procedures in the unit that ensure all casualties are properly reported within theater standards, Next of Kin (NOK) notification is confirmed, remains, and personal effects are recovered and S-1 key functions are accomplished without error.
- Ensure all S-1 Personnel are trained on casualty reporting procedures.
- Receive notification of a casualty incident.
- Conduct unit level casualty operations.
- Prepare, review, and dispatch letters of sympathy and/or condolence.
- Coordinate with BN S-4 for movement of personal effects from the mortuary affairs collection point.