Conditions: As a Budget Officer/Brigade S8, you have received funding authorization. You have access to the Financial Management Tactical Platform, AR 1-1, Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution System, DFAS-IN Regulation 37-1, Finance and Accounting Policy Implementation, DoD Financial Management Regulation 7000.14-R, Volume 14, Administrative Control of Funds and Antideficiency Act Violations, DFAS-IN Manual 37-100-FY, The Army Management Structure, FM 1-06, Financial Management Operations, unit mission/goals, approved phase plans, and Funding Authorization Document (FAD)/Resource Allocation Document (RAD). This task should not be trained in MOPP 4.
Standards: Review the execution of funds based on approved phase/spending plans in order to ensure funds are available and expended in accordance with (IAW) mission and priorities. You must complete the following without error:
1. Identify resource management terminology and the types of funding that pertain to mission funding.
2. Identify violations of Title 31, U.S. Code, Section 1517 (The Anti-Deficiency Act).
3. Identify actions to prevent subject violations.
4. Report violations of the Anti-Deficiency Act.
5. Ensure all transactions are appropriately recorded in financial systems.
6. Identify the principles of Fund Control practices used to keep accurate and timely accounting records.
7. Identify the levels of fund control.
8. Determine the funding authority.
9. Identify methods to fund anÂ outside activity.
10. Interpret the line of accounting (LOA).
11. Identify the steps of Expenditure Accounting.
12. Describe the General Obligation Rules.
13. Explain the Obligation Management Process.
14. Conduct a budget Review and Analysis (R&A).
15. Conduct fiscal year-end closing actions.
16. Report financial information.
17. Ensure execution of funds fall within Audit Readiness guidelines.