Action: Operate Human Resources (HR) Mission Command Nodes
Conditions: You are assigned as a Battalion S-1 and your unit just arrived in a deployed theater. You are responsible for reporting requirements with higher human resources headquarters and subordinate commands. You have access to a Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT) Combat Service Support Automated Information System (CAISI), and/or unit network infrastructure and standard automation equipment and awareness of Operational Environment (OE), variables, and actors.
Standard: Students will meet the standard when they:
- Employ the Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT), Combat Service Support Automated Information System (CAISI), or connect to unit network infrastructure.
- Establish and verify connectivity to CITRIX, electronic Military Personnel Office (eMILPO), Personnel Network (PERNET), and Defense Casualty Information Processing System (DCIPS) via NIPRNET.
- Establish and verify connectivity with DTAS manager via SIPRNET.
- Coordinate with Battalion S-6 to ensure secure voice data capability within the S-1 section.
- Obtain access to Force XXI Battle Command Brigade and Below (FBCB2), Blue Force Tracker (BFT), Joint Capabilities Release (JCR), or similar system to allow secure text capability with subordinate companies.
- Establish and verify connectivity to the Battle Command Support and Sustainment System (BCS3) through either the NIPRNET or SIPRNET